The American Ladder Institute (ALI), the USA’s not-for-profit ladder association comprised of the leading U.S. ladder manufacturers and manufacturers of ladder components, has declared March as National Ladder Safety Month in the USA.
Watch the launch of 2018’s Ladder Safety Month
We at TB Davies (Cardiff) Ltd, want to make you aware that we are participating in National Ladder Safety month here in the UK.
TB Davies’s over-riding goal is to prevent injuries and save lives by making working at height as safe as standing on solid ground. Getting that one person home safely to family and friends is why we do what we do. We are literally changing the world, one ladder at a time.
National Ladder Safety Month
TB Davies would like to work with you to spread this important message and would like you to feel free to participate in this event in any way that you like.
We would be more than happy to assist you with any of the promotional and marketing materials created by ALI as if you were in the US, as well as encourage you to work with your national ladder safety standard institute to develop a ladder safety month in your home country.
Take a moment to review the attached information explaining what Ladder Safety Month is all about, as well as what we are doing to promote Ladder safety month here in the UK. Please feel free to contact me with any interest or questions you may have in participating. We are supporting our US partners, in particular Little Giant Ladder Systems and would love to see this develop into a Global Ladder Safety Month. We will do all we can to help make this happen.
Important Information will be posted up on the laddersafetymonth.co.uk and laddersafetymonth.com websites during the month of March.
What are the Top 5 reasons people fall off ladders? Watch this to find out…
- Research by RIDDOR shows there were an average of 40 deaths after falls from height, in UK workplaces, in the five year period from 2012/17. With hundreds more left with life changing injuries.
- Problems with ladders can account for up to 40% of such falls investigated by the Health & Safety Executive in workplaces in the UK each year.
- An estimated two million ladders are used daily in the UK.
- Around 48,000 people attend UK A&E departments annually because of domestic accidents with ladders.
What is National Ladder Safety Month?
TB Davies is supporting an initiative by the American Ladder Institute to help prevent injuries and save lives. Ladder Safety Month takes place this March 2018 and is the only movement dedicated exclusively to the promotion of ladder safety, at home and at work. The primary areas of focus through the month:
- March 1-2: What is ladder safety?
- March 4-10: Ladder Safety at Work: Focus on Administrative Professionals
- March 11-17: Ladder Safety at Work: Focus on Employee
- March 18-24: Ladder Safety at Home
- March 25-31: Ladder Inspection and Disposal
Returning home safely at the end of the day
LadderSafetyMonth communication programme is that ladder related products are safe and accidents are preventable with better planning, training and innovation in product design. The goals of Ladder Safety Month are to:
- Increase awareness of training
- Increase awareness of the need to inspect equipment frequently
- Improve the image of the industry and prove that ladder type products are safe
- Improve product specifiers knowledge so they can assess risks more clearly and specify the correct solution
- Increase the awareness of new products in the market that can help prevent injuries and save lives
- Decrease number of ladder-related injuries and fatalities
- Increase the number of companies and individuals that inspect and properly dispose of old, damaged or obsolete ladders.